Don’t Let Others Infringe On Your Trademark
Your business’s brand is made up of words, names or symbols used to identify you as the source of goods or services. To protect your brand, Texas Trademark Lawyer can help you register and enforce a trademark or service mark.
When you work with attorney Kevin Keeling, you will get all of the important details you need to successfully protect your brand. Our office can perform the following services:
- Complete research and analyses of your brand
- Determine the strength and protectability of your brand t
- Apply for and enforce a U.S. Federally Registered Trademark
You work hard to build a name your customers recognize and trust. It is an important part of your intellectual property. Make sure you protect it.
Start Right From The Beginning
Whether you have already been using your brand or are creating a new brand, the first step we take is a trademark search. This search lets you know about the other trademarks that other groups have already applied for and if we expect difficulties in protecting your brand. Additionally, our analysis can help you avoid costly branding mistakes and potentially avoid issues with existing brands in the future.
Our analysis can also help in evaluating the strength of your brand. We will look at whether it meets the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s requirements for trademark or servicemark applications. We can advise you on ways to improve your application, if necessary.
Why Get A U.S. Federal Trademark?
While the U.S. government does not require you to register your brand in order to protect your rights, owning a federally registered trademark on the Principal Register provides many benefits including:
- A legal presumption you own the mark and your exclusive right to use the mark nationwide
- Public notice of your claim of ownership of the mark (including in the Trademark Office’s online database)
- The ability to record the trademark with U.S. Customs and Border Protection to help prevent importing infringing foreign goods
- The right to use the federal registration symbol “®”
- The ability to sue infringers of your mark in the United State Federal Courts
These are just a few of the benefits. Attorney Kevin Keeling gives personal attention to every client, however, and he is happy to discuss how a trademark can help your business.
I Have A Registered Mark; Now What?
Once your trademark is registered, you still might run into issues with other businesses. Our firm will help you handle these situations. If another company infringes on your trademark (or accuses you of trademark infringement), we will advise you on your next move as we fight for your rights. We also have experience with domain name registrations and general business disputes.